The folks over at Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar want to celebrate National Margarita Day with a Mango Habanero Margarita. Break out the cocktail shaker and get the tequila flowing.
- 1 ¾ parts Milagro® Silver tequila
- ¾ parts orange Curaçao liqueur
- 1 part The Perfect Purée® Mango Purée (diluted with equal parts water)
- 1 part scratch sour mix
- 2 slices fresh habanero
- 4 drops Bittermens® Hellfire Habanero Shrub Bitters - available at Tommy Bahama
Build in a shaker. Add ice. Shake well until chilled. Strain over fresh ice.
Scratch Sour Mix:
(Recipe makes 1/2 gallon. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
- 3 oz. egg whites, pasteurized
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 3 ½ cups fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in the sugar and mix until incorporated. Add water and fresh juices and mix thoroughly.