Superfoods. Flu season is up and coming, so here are some foods that your immune system will love.
- Garlic and ginger is every bacterial infection's nightmare. Raw and fresh garlic helps rid the body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses.
- Ginger helps breakdown mucous to help clear your respiratory tract and alleviate congestion.
- Oily fish like salmon, mackerel, and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acid, a compound that helps reduce harmful inflammation in the body.
- Fermented foods like yogurt play an important role in balancing your body's microbiome. These probiotics are good bacterias that help balance your digestion, immunity, and metabolism.
- Mushrooms are a great ally in the fight against respiratory viruses. They contain antiviral proteins that kick out foreign microbes that cause common colds and flus.