National Coffee Day
Happy National Coffee Day! Did you know that coffee is the 2nd most sold commodity in the world? On average, Americans spend over one thousand dollars each year on coffee. Save time and money by brewing your perfect roast at home!
- Buy fresh coffee beans and store them in airtight containers
- Grind your beans right before you brew for maximum flavor
- Use filtered water. Nothing ruins a good pot of coffee like tap water filled with chlorine and residue
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of grinds for every 6 ounces of water
- Don't let the temperature go over 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Water that's too hot extracts compounds that can taste bitter
- Keep your equipment clean. Run vinegar through your machines to dissolve away any mineral deposits